1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul Member

United States
    Did you make it to Ending E? Otherwise, you haven't actually made it to the True Ending of a Yoko Taro game!

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully? Member

Canada
    Real Nier is father Nier, your preferences doesn't matter.

It hurt me to break the English language like that but I had to do it.
    If you enjoy looking at little boys, more power to ya. Real Nier = dad Nier.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer Developer

United States
    Nah, I beat it once, and called it quits.

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer Moderator

United States
    and reimagining is where the content/story/mechanics/tone/characterization have gone through enough changes it would costitute a different game. As if the game was put back into the development cycle almost back to the story board or game mechanic development stage. this is where I'd put games like "FF7 remake".

Last edited by osaka35, Feb 13, 2021
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist Global Moderator

Poland
    Tell that to people who routinely buy both/all three Pokemon games every year.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight Former Staff

France
    I never played any nier games (only the automata demo), so I think I'll buy and play both this year :)

edit:
    I like remakes, or at least even "bundles" to release all games on the same console, even without HD remake or remaster or anything, just being able to enjoy a full series without buying old consoles or using emulators.
    So, even if I'm dreaming of a proper ending which was cut on first release, next game series I'd like to see on same console : Legacy of kain & Soul Reaver.
    Crystal dynamics, right? so SQEX, right? One compilation with all games please :D
    I think a remaster would be highly needed, seeing some games have PS1 graphics/3D/Textures.

Square Enix, if you read this....

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 13, 2021
    osaka35 and Silent_Gunner like this.
  7. Foxi4

Poland
    I still find it amazing that the entire franchise is just a continuation of one of the Drakengard's endings. I should really do a deep dive into that series as well, just to get the full picture. It's an interesting exercise in building upon timelines without fully committing to a specific canon.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  8. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Just know that Drakengard 2 wasn't made by Taro himself, and doesn't connect with any of the other games!

Still, I've seen the hack and slash in Drakengard 1, and it I remember Dynasty Warriors and hell, even that Berserk game on the DC not being so simplistic.

9. Cyan

France
    Oh, I didn't know that game series, I guess I need to play more games than I thought this year :lol:
    PS2/PS3/PS4 ... no bundles either.

At least, it seems Nier is a standalone series and enough to play without knowing the prequel's characters or story.

10. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Eh, you don't have to play Drakengard 1 to play Nier. All you really need to know is that the aftereffects of the final battle of the former's true ending leads to the world in Nier, which eventually leads to the world in Nier Automata. And even then, while they are "connected," there's a reason I put connected in quotes; they're connected about as well or as consistently as Xenogears is to Xenosaga; sure, there's references, callbacks, and thematic similarities, but expecting the puzzle pieces to fit together nice and clean is about as unrealistic as Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, or basically any of those classic Square RPGs not named Secret of Mana or Final Fantasy any more attention other than a port of the original games here or there. I personally think Xenogears would make for a sick remake, especially if they decided not to cut corners like they did in the original, as I think, had Disc 2 not been rushed like it was, it would have been remembered more fondly, because cool stuff happens in Disc 2...it's just that a lot of it is us the players being told about what's happening as opposed to having it shown or experiencing it like the majority of the story on Disc 1.

Cyan likes this.
  11. Foxi4

Poland
    To be fair, the connection between the two realities kind of pops out of nowhere. Most of the team didn't even know what the "E" ending was until very late in development and allegedly hated it once they saw it. I assume that's why it was put in the game so late - so that there was no time to alter it before the product ships. Clever director is clever.

Cyan and Silent_Gunner like this.
  12. Cyan

France
    Thank you.
    (Drakengar spoiler on next line :P)
    I just read the true ending of dragenkar is about humanity being decimated by a virus, and this is the premise to Nier's world.

Oh, I'd love a xenogears with proper disc2, even if they still own the license, the original developers left to create Monolith, and I doubt sqex would work on the missing part :(
    (same as dreaming for Soul reaver proper missing ending being done on a remake)

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  13. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Advanced Fan Member

United Kingdom
    I remember this game has multiple endings. There is a character I think the one with that head who sells you stuff in automata is in this game as a npc sidekick.

14. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim Member

United States
    Hmmmmm. I wasn't aware this was about Pokemon. Almost seems like there's some Trumper style deflection going on. Yes, if I didn't know any better I would say that's what transpired here. :rofl:

15. Foxi4

Poland
    If you're having a bit of a tantrum based on the fact that I'm an open Trump supporter, keep it in the dedicated political thread. The fact that you're even bringing it up at all in an unrelated conversation is pretty cringe - I'm not ashamed of my political beliefs, but they have nothing to do with Nier. More to the topic, most Pokemon games are objectively identical story-wise and the only difference between them is the roster of Pokemon available to catch. This is an apt comparison - there are differences between Gestalt and Replicant, except here you actually have different dialogue and a different protagonist, which does change the experience. If I want to experience both versions on Nier based on those differences, that's my business. Mindblowing, I know.

16. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim Member

United States
    Another good tactic. How many times can you do it in the same topic? Wanna go for a third? Changing the goal posts where you see fit. Your comparisons are apt while others are not. Same old, same old, dude.

Pokemon has nothing to do with NieR. Mindblowing. I know.

17. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan Member

Antarctica
    I find that it's just a shame people won't boot the game into the best voice lines the game has. What a magnificent character Kaine is.

18. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan Member

United States
    Deep down, all any of us wants is to hear Laura Bailey cursing again.

19. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Regular Member

Germany
    Ah, I see. SE still on it with their usual 'Switch Omission™" strategy.

Maybe I should change my sig to something anti-SE.

20. T-possum

T-possum Newbie Newcomer

Indonesia
    anyway, i wonder if nier is literally an adventure time game...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - soundtrack, remastered, Replicant

Share this thread:

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp
Site Map