1. voltfruit

OP voltfruit Newbie Newcomer

United States
    It happens when i go into the update menu and try to update anything. I reinstalled nintendont but the same error occurs. I can load games but the controls also don't work for some reason and sometimes the game just freezes.

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend Member

Portugal
    the update is broken for long time and you dont need it, if games have no controlls or crash is becuase you have settings on that the games/controllers dont like, not every game likes forced stuff.

take a pciture of your nintendont settings and not use the updater... you dont need it for anything.

3. voltfruit

United States
    okay yea u were right lol i turned native control off and was able to use the gamepad. Though, when i play melee the stick thats supposed to be the c stick doesnt work. here are my settings anyways.
    IMG_1978.jpg

4. pedro702

Portugal
    453 is ancient... nintendont is 496 now so download the latest one and delete your ninconfig and redo your settings

http://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...b16242fa0f15449e99/loader/loader.dol?raw=true

just rename to boot.dol and replace it in your nintendont apps folder

5. voltfruit

United States
    it didnt do anything. im using a wii u vc inject (i think) and i dont know how to update it or if theres an update at all.

6. pedro702

Portugal
    the dol is the file you have on the sd card

sd:apps/nintendont/boot.dol

nintendont has way more updates than that, just replace that dol on the sd card
    http://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...b16242fa0f15449e99/loader/loader.dol?raw=true

just download this and rename to boot.dol and place it on the sd card, you will have to put your settings like memory card emulation back to on since this version menu has more options so it will ignore your current settings.

7. voltfruit

United States
    thats what i did and it didnt update it. maybe you can find something wrong with my files? also my bad i think i installed a nintendont forwarder when i first got it. just an fyi Screenshot (4).png

8. pedro702

Portugal
    maybe the fowarder has a built in dol that cant be updated and its in there?

if you after putting the new nintendont dol in the sd card the settings still says 453 that means its not reading the sd card dol and the dol is locked inside the fowarder unable to be updated.

you can just start homebrew channel normaly and boot the new nintendont dol from there it will still say old number until its booted only after you are on nintendont menu is that you will see the actual dol revision number.

9. voltfruit

United States
    sorry how would i boot it up from there though?

10. pedro702

Portugal
    its on the homebrew channel menu like every app...

you dont have homebrew channel? if so just search for nintendont on the apps and click on it.

just wondering do you have an sd card inserted or usb on wii? or both?

Last edited by pedro702, Jun 5, 2021 at 7:56 AM
  11. voltfruit

United States
    im not sure i understand. i boot up nintendont from the wii u channel menu so its installed on my usb. i have both an sd card and usb. the usb is in the back of the wii u for games and the sd card has stuff like homebrew and other apps but nintendont isnt on the list of apps there.

12. pedro702

Portugal
    nintendont its not a wiiu app... so it might be on wiiu menu but the app itself is a wii apps so its not on wiiu apps folder or else your games wouldnt boot...

you got a shotcut for wiimode on wiiu menu that is why you get the wii logo when you boot a nintendont game becuyase it goes to wii mode.

wiiu apps go to
    sd:wiiu/apps

wii apps go to
    sd:apps

so nintendont you need to replace is probably on the sd card under apps /not wiiu/apps

also your hdd is a wiiu formated hdd or an hdd that is fat32 for homebrew?

if you want here is my fowarder http://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

it always reads sd:apps/nintendont/boot.dol to start which mens to update it you only need to change that file.

Last edited by pedro702, Jun 6, 2021 at 7:24 AM
  13. ber71

ber71 GBAtemp Regular Member

Spain
    Does that forwarder support gamepad?

14. pedro702

Portugal
    of course

ber71 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, Exception, (dsi)

Share this thread:

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp
Site Map